80 years ago today: November 16th, 1940 Germans closed off the Warsaw Ghetto to the outside world. The Warsaw Ghetto was the largest of all the Jewish ghettos in Nazi-occupied Europe during World War II. It was established by the German Governor-General Hans Frank between October and November 16, 1940, in the territory of the General Government of German-occupied Poland, with over 380,000 Jews (about 30% of the population of Warsaw) residing in an area of 3.4 km2.Source: Yad Vashem: World Holocaust Center, Jerusalem

HOLOCAUST HUMANS of JUDAISM